The Purge: Anarchy

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I had an impromptu movie date with my fat boy today yayyyyyy!! <3

Ok lah, the reason behind this is actually not all that sweet and romantic ha..ha..ha :( We simply needed to kill some time before meeting our friends for dinner.

We were looking through all the different movies available atm as well as their show time, and the only one that fit our needs isssssssssss "The Purge: Anarchy"!

We will usually read up on the storyline of the movie briefly before buying our tickets bcos what's the point on spending your precious pennies on something that you're not interested in watching right?!

However, this time round we didn't actually go through all the hassle of finding out more about the movie before we decided on TP:A for a sole reason, and that isssssss its timing for the show. I know it sounds a tad bit ridiculous but since we needed to meet up with our friends afterwards (like what I've mentioned), we had to kinda time ourselves.

And I will have to say that it is definitely one of the most if not THE MOST AWESOME MOVIE THAT I HAVE SEEN IN A VERY LONG TIME. 
It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it is certainly one of my fave all time movies now for sure! 
I personally really like action thriller movies bcos i find them more interesting to watch esp when you watch them in a movie theater with good surround sound system! As for comedy and romance movies, i prefer to watch them at home either with my family or bf hehehehe
Even though TP:A is nc16, the movie is not too gory which is good for those who doesn't like overly bloody scenes like myself. The plot is very unique and fresh, kinda unpredictable (for me) and is definitely something different from your typical action thriller film. I said this bcos i didn't watch "The Purge" which is the prequel for this when it first came out last year 2013. Therefore, i would say if you've watched the prequel for this, you will be pretty familiar with the annual purge and find it a tad less exciting. 

///

Is it weird to say that this movie gave me an adrenaline rush hahaha

///
The movie is not too long as the running time is only for 103min. It is not overly draggy as well since the annual purge only happens for 12h and the main characters have to be moving constantly so as to not be captured and killed by the purgers in order to cleanse their soul.
There is really not much for me to talk about the movie without being a spoiler. Just go and watch it with your friends/bf/gf/family/pets and see if you like it as much as i do!! :)


Have a great day ahead! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments