Contact Lenses that I Wore

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I am finally back with another contact lens review after almost 4 years (i am sorry) haha! If you wish to check out my previous contact lens review on some of the EOS lenses that I've tried in the past, you can click here and enjoy time travelling back to when I was 4 years younger!

I am sharing with you guys 4 pairs of lenses that I've been wearing for the past few months so hopefully I can give you some inspirations on which to get for yourself the next time you go contact lens shopping!

Let's begin!!

-

(For some odd reasons, I couldn't find the details of these lenses in terms of their diameter, water content and base curve & quite frankly I can't remember these information for when I still had the packaging since it has been a while since I had them. I will update the information here if I can find the details.)

-

Luxury Babe Lens in Luxury 35 (grey)



This is one of my favourite lenses when I just want a quick and easy pair that will go well with all types of looks. The lens has a swirly pattern to it which makes it a little bit more fun and twinkly as compared to just a regular pair of black coloured lenses which I personally think that those make me look pretty soulless.

The picture above was taken in front of a window so you can roughly see how it looks like in real life. However, the diameter for this pair is pretty big so it is definitely one factor to take into your consideration before buying it. 



 This is how it looks like at night with a dimmer light. 

I really do like this pair as it is comfortable to wear and I can wear it for pretty long hours. I especially love to pair this with simple eye make up + korean ombre lip look!

However, like what I have mentioned, this does enlarge your pupils quite a bit. Therefore, for those of you who are into more natural looking lenses in terms of diameter, I would really recommend you to consider the enlarging effect of this lens before buying it.


Luxury Babe Lens in Luxury 19 (brown)

I always make sure to get this pair of lenses whenever I am ordering some from this brand! However, this particular lens is not the most comfortable as compared to some of the other lenses that I've tried. Based on my personal experiences, contact lenses are usually the comfiest when you first open them (as that's when they are the freshest and cleanest). This is not the case for luxury 19 lol. If I remember correctly, my previous luxury 19 has the same problem as my current pair, whereby they kinda sting and make my eyes watery and red (kinda irritated) during the first few days and even weeks. I don't wear them out since they sting my eyes. I simply just leave the lenses in multi-purpose solution and change out the solution frequently to keep them clean. I also try on the lenses a couple times a week to check if they still sting. After their rebellious phase is over, the lenses become just as comfortable as the rest and I can wear them for long hours without feeling overly dry.

I have experienced the same problem with both pairs of my luxury 19 lenses, which makes me wonder if it's really worth the pain and trouble just to be able to wear them and that I am probably risking my eyes for it lol. Maybe it is not the case now or maybe it is just that particular batch that I suay suay buy has this problem. All in all, a word of warning for me would be try it at your own risk. 





Besides the discomfort during the initial stage, this lens is absolutely gorgeous. I understand that some people prefer lenses without the thick black rims because it might make the pupils look too enlarged and weird for some. While I totally agree with the statement but I still would like my contact lenses to help define my pupils a little bit to make myself look more fresh and awake.
This lens does not has a define black rim instead it has a series of lines in a darker brown colour. These lines are of slightly different length (refer to the image above for better understanding haha) which makes this lens look less dolly and more natural while at the same time it helps to define the pupils.

That is why I keep coming back to this lens even thought I have had 2 not so pleasant experiences with it. All in all, I would buy it again to give it one last chance to see if the lens still sting and quite frankly if it does (again), I will just toss it and not order it ever again haha.




I love to wear this when I am doing a slightly heavier make up look, like smoky eyes, '混血儿' makeup look, etc. It pairs really well with my usual makeup looks too and does not look too over the top and light/pale in colour (which is not my cup of tea, personally). 


It looks really good in photos and videos as the colour is more obvious than the previous pair that I've just talked about. Bonus, it looks really good in real life too! 

Some coloured lenses look super duper bomb in photos but it can be a little too much in real life, ya know. I just personally do not think that I suit a really light coloured eyes as it kinda clashes with my skin tone and my style of makeup. Hence, this is the perfect in between for me. If it is not for the discomfort that I have experienced with the first 2 pairs, I would totally rate this lens a 10/10 for me.


Dream Color 1 in Mini Grace (grey)

I bought this lens from Dazzle Me (Platinum Fashion Mall, Bangkok). I am pretty sure most of you should be familiar with this store if you are into coloured contact lenses. Dazzle Me has a wide range of lenses offering different designs, colours and diameters.

I don't really like this particular colour on me. I feel like it washes me out a little bit. However, the colour is really gorgeous if you are into or looking for a pair of relatively light grey lens. The diameter is not too big and therefore the enlarging effect is not too much to the point where it looks creepy. I really want to start buying lenses that are not too big in diameter but as for now I will just have to slowly work my way through the lenses that I have previously stocked up on.


If I were to be a 100% honest, I haven't actually wear this lens out yet even though I have had it for quite some time now. It can be a little too much for me as I am very used to darker coloured lenses so I guess it will take some time for me to slowly transition into using lighter coloured ones.


Nevertheless, I think this lens is pretty nice but it is one that you definitely has to wear makeup with, in order for it to not overpower your face. 

It does has a thin black rim to frame your pupils so even though the colour is a little on the lighter side, it will still give you a define and awake look!


I think I will definitely has to start experimenting with this lens a little more to see its full potential and to find out how to match it with my style.



Unknown #1 :')

You might be wondering why doesn't this lens has a name, and quite frankly, it's because I can't remember the name of it and I threw away the packaging a long time ago. However, there's one thing that I do know about where you can possibly get your hands on it haha. My friend, A, got this lens for me from BKK a while ago and I am pretty sure she bought it from one of the optical shops in Platinum Fashion Mall.

I wasn't sure if I should be writing about this lens since I am not able to tell you guys the exact name and brand for it. However, I wore this lens so so much and it wouldn't be fair to the lens (lol) nor me to simply just let it be forgotten (yes, i am this dramatic in real life too).

For those of you who might recognise this lens based on the colour and the design on it, please feel free to dm me haha cuz I genuinely would like to know as well!


As you can see, this lens has black rim that sorta gradually 'fade' into the colour portion of the lens. I don't really know the technical way to describe it so just bear with me la ok haha. This lens will enlarge the look of your pupils by quite a bit. However, the design on the lens makes it look less bland.



If I were to choose between this or the luxury 35 (grey), I would probably go for this as it looks better even with little makeup and good for everyday wear. 

While luxury 35 (grey) is great, too, but on certain days where I look extra pale (e.g. when I pulled an all nighter to study for exam / binge watch Netflix), it can wash me out a little bit if I didn't make an effort to put on some lip tint and blush to make me look more alive.

Both are great, now it's just depends on your preferences.




I really do wear this very often and it's super comfortable too! It's such a shame that I didn't note down the name of this lens so let's hope that I will randomly come across this lens again hahah!


Okay, that's the end of this long ass post filled with my creepy eye shots.

I hope that this post gives you a little bit more perspectives on the different lenses that I wore for the last few months and give you some ideas on what you might want to get the next time you feel like buying some lenses to try!

さようなら 

You Might Also Like

0 comments