CNY 2015 #1

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Hi guys, since this is my very first blog post of 2015, I thought I would start by sharing something positive and happy!

Ever since I've moved to sg, I dislike going back to my hometown for 2 reasons - the travelling time and how my family and I are always rushing around to get most of our stuff done when we are there.

The journey back to Kluang is roughly around 4-5h (including traffic jam and waiting time for either queueing at customs and waiting for buses to come), it might not seem like a long time to some of you but for someone like me who have motion sickness, it is truly a nightmare. 

However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed my time there during cny period this year! I was there for a good 6 days 5 nights, it was really nice to be able to stay away from the internet every once in a while to reflect and re-evaluate about you know, your life haha!

///

Every 年二九 (2 days before the 1st day of cny), my family and I will always go to this very festive cny night market that sells a variety of goods that we will need for cny. It ranges from fruits, snacks, clothes, firecrackers, fireworks and other random bits and bobs like mops, rugs etc.


Sidenote: Yes, I had cotton candy in the morning as my breakfast cause I love my nutrients. 
///

Ever since I've moved back to my old house (at msia), I am really loving the kampung life. It is so peaceful and much more relaxing than where I used to live. Plussssssss, it only takes about 3 minutes to walk to my 老家 (which is my paternal grandparents' house).

RP spirit okay?!

The view here is awesome like really awesome!!!!! asfdfghjkl

View from my house <3

Ramly burgerrrr

/// 

What I love the most about my hometown is Gunung Lambak. It is a rather small mountain as compared to giant like Mount K. The summit is still 510m above sea level, which is still pretty impressive la! You can still see Gunung Lambak even when you are at the town area of Kluang so it really is not that tiny hahahah. It just makes me feel a tad bit closer to nature when I am at Kluang. 

I used to trek here a lot with mum and some of my aunties when I was still staying there!!! (cr: google)

///

I know this post is overloaded with photos and has not much contents so i decided not to bore you guys with like 249680 photos by splitting my cny blog post into different parts! :)

Chor 1

Me and second sister really do not look alike at all ha..ha..ha.... 

///

We went to the mall to get birthday cake for my mum since it is her chinese birthday (on the very first day cny)!! From the start of this post until now, I have been describing my hometown like some ulu kampung that all I can do there is to rear some animals at backyard and plant potatoes. It is actually not the case ok, Klaung Mall, which is the biggest mall at my hometown is pretty comparable to City Square, only with less branded goods available and slightly smaller. 

The mall has this huge carousel, instead of hourses they replace it with sheep. Super adorableeeee!


///

团圆饭 aka reunion dinner with my banana shirt with weird leaves coming out from it (which my friend luah has kindly pointed it out just to hurt my feelings).

This is the cake we ended up buying for mum!! We (the siblings) managed to kind of surprise her by giving her the cake and inviting her siblings over to celebrate her birthday together~

They are my 2 younger cousins, super cheerful and cute!! I used to treat them like xmm but now they are already 18yo. 

///

I shall end my very 1st post for cny with a welfie of me and pooh bear ok 

I will be posting more on this space since it is one of my new year resolution hehehehe bye

Have a great day ahead! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments